Ever since I jumped off that boat on the Great Barrier Reef I knew that scuba diving was something I wanted to keep doing. Even so, it did take me some time to really get into it – something that only happened when I moved to Perth (Australia) where local diving is quite fantastic. It’s also in Perth that I got hooked with the underwater photography bug. To be able to dive (anywhere) is one, but to capture this beautiful underwater world is a whole different thing. It’s a challenge, but can be very rewarding.
(Some of my latest UW Photography pictures)
I’m also an active member of the Western Australian Underwater Photographic Society (WAUPS). If you are into Underwater Photography and live or visit Western Australia, do get in touch with the club – you won’t regret it. Let me know if like to join one of the monthly club dives, I’m happy to introduce you to committee and members.
- Egypt: Hurghada (Red Sea)
- Turkey: Mediterranean Sea
- Western Australia: Perth, Exmouth, Esperance, Bremer Bay… pretty much all along the WA coastline
- Queensland (Australia) : Great Barrier Reef
- South Australia: Tumby Bay, Whyalla
- Indonesia: Raja Ampat, Komodo, Lembeh Strait, Bali
- Malaysia: The Sipadan, Mabul and Kapalai Islands, Redang Island, Tioman Island and Perhentian Islands,
- Thailand: Phuket, Similans, Pattaya, Phi Phi..
- USA: Hawaii
Currently I hold Solo Dive, Deep Dive and Rescue diver certificates. (I would advise all divers to do the Rescue Diver training, it is one of the most rewarding dive training that you can do)
Please feel free to contact me if you like to hear anything more about my diving, underwater photography or want to buy one of the diving pictures.